Wash-y Strings



I love the soft, furry strings that unravel and do the tango in the washer and dryer. I have a few yards washed and ready for sewing. There have been times when I've been so anxious to work on something that I don't wash the fabric first. Confessions of a cotton addict. If the un-pre-washed items happen to be a garment for me, I just give it to my sister afterwards. She is the exact cotton-shrink-up size difference from me in height and weight. It's perfect. Anyway, this fabric reminds me of a lush lawn with a few dandelions popping up and other summery things. So it'll be a summer dress with summery madras as straps and it will be worn by me, even after its been washed.

But for now, I'm author-girl, and until I change out of that cape, it'll have to wait all soft and wrinkley for me. xoAM